In this new section of my blog, I will review high quality, ethical and cruelty free products that are not tested on animals. Also, I will try and review vegan cosmetics products and those produced from recycled or upcycled materials. I am talking about mostly cosmetics and skin care products, but also ethical fashion, shoes and jewellry, plus food and wine.
I am also going to talk a lot about locally produced New Zealand or Australian brands as they are relevant to local readers of this blog. Although I’m aware that many of you are all over the world. With this in mind, I would like to propose something…
Do you know a brand that’s doing good things? Write about it here!
If you would like to submit your own review of an ethical, vegan or cruelty free product, then send your reviews of products through to me at athena [dot] j [dot] dennis [at] gmail [dot] com. (Whew! That was a mouthful). I will publish them if they are your own opinions, not the promotional material of the brand, and I will also fact-check to make sure that they have the chops about what they claim and aren’t fakers.
What you should know about my reviews
- I have not been paid for the products or the reviews.
- I am going to give my honest opinion on the products and branding, it’s my opinion only and not anybody else’s.
- I am going to audit their branding, content and comms as well as their products themselves. I am not paid for that either. I will do that because it’s what I do all the time anyway for a living.
- I take no responsibility if you buy the products and don’t like them, when I’ve given them glowing praise.
- I know that in skin care the industry rapidly changes, with this in mind if I find out that a brand starts to test on animals I will remove the post and put a scathingly critical post in its place.
Products I will review
Basically it’s not set in stone. It will be reviews of cosmetics, skincare, fashion, vegan leather shoes, organic food, furniture, jewellry. Think an ETSY or craft market aesthetic. Think family businesses dreaming big.
This isn’t restricted to me…if you know of any cool local artisan products that you use, please write something and I will publish it.
In the coming weeks I will be reviewing the products and branding for the following brands: