Samhain is a pagan religious festival that originates from the archaic Celtic spiritual tradition. In the Northern Hemisphere, this is the time to usher in the dark half of the year. For us antipodeans, it’s the other way around and we welcome the light with open arms. Here in the unterland, we welcome flowers, frolicking baby lambs and swaying dandelions.
During Samhain, the barriers between reality and other realms become weak and permeable. It is possible to glimpse through the mist at what is on the other side. With this in mind, here are some spooky, amusing and downright creepy discoveries that I made for this Samhain, or if you prefer, Halloween.
1. Old and Creepy Japanese music…
2. Invisible Children plugin will be deleted…
3. ‘Leave Us Alone’: A mashup of the creepiest parts of Village of the Damned (1960) with electronic music
If you look closely you might see a young Donald Trump and Bojo playing in the street here…
4. Puffy the Persian tomcat hypnotises a woman with his fluffy, puffy noggin and saucer-shaped eyes.
5. DAF – Der Räuber und der Prinz 1981
Electro-clash and dark electronic pioneers of the early 80’s, Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft (DAF) made this very creepy video clip:
6. Imagine encountering this in the dog park
Who is the audience here…WTF? Is this what serial killers do once they are rehabilitated and back in the community?
7. Your meat team
Every Vegan’s worst nightmare.
8. Four Demons in Watercolour c.1775 from a German and Latin grimoire
9. The mystery of the miniature coffins found on Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh
Around 200 years ago, a group of boys found a series of creepy miniature coffins on Edinburgh’s landmark mountain park – Arthur’s Seat. Were they satanic spells, superstitious charms or relics of Edinburgh’s underworld criminals? The artefacts are now at the National Museum of Scotland and the video and website helps to untangle the mystery.
10. Jamie XX – Gosh
This one has been around for a long time but it’s still very creepy. There is a cinematic quality to how it’s filmed and the location (a fake Paris located in China) gives the video a post-apocalyptic, tribal vibe
11. These medieval beekeeper outfits seem a bit OTT
No face….no worries!
12. This wasp nest on someone’s garage
The power of Christ compels you!
6 thoughts on “10 Creepy Things I Found for Spooky Samhain”
Gahhhhh!! Lol, love it all. Happy Halloween! 🎃
I’m so glad you liked these picks Diana, they made me smile too as well as feel a little freaked out. Happy Halloween my friend xxx
Hard to believe we can be freaked out any further. Lololol.
Hehehe yeah I know 😊❤
I know Halloween is over, but I’ve only just seen this. Really cool and interesting stuff, as always!
Thank you Jason, glad you enjoyed it! Happy belated Halloween 🙂