The world has become rather scary lately. So with this in mind I have found some odd but tasty memes and strange oddities to get you through the next week…
1. The map of procrastination
2. A serenade to Director General of Health in NZ Dr Ashley Bloomfield
Dr Ashley has become a much-loved part of New Zealander’s daily lives under lock-down. With his stoic, calm and composed manner he has been like a dad to many of us scared youngsters, and not-so-youngers who are feeling apprehensive.
3. Podcast: Tales from Captivity
The ABC’s Conversations with Richard Fidler has put out consistently excellent true stories of the years, and during the lock-down they aren’t letting up. Here is a great one about lives lived in captivity.
4. Homaroo’s fantastic festival line-up is rebooted for 2020
5. The Academy of Ideas: How to fortify your mind during times of crisis
In this great YouTube video by Philosophical channel the Academy of Ideas, some great tips in this ten minute video about how to manage your unruly mind during times of crisis.
6. Healthy and homely one pot creamy pasta recipes
7. One Bike One World: Dean and Nala’s cycling adventures through the Middle East and Europe
Vlog stories in which Dean (Scotsman and all-round amazing person) and Nala (beautiful cat) cycle around countries, rescuing stray animals, camping out in the woods, occasionally treating themselves to comfy hotels along the way. Highly addictive, adorable and compulsive viewing. FYI: They are currently both safe and sound and self-isolating in Hungary
8. Liziqi cooks autumn chestnuts in a serene mountaintop village
The music, vibe and scenery of these videos are like a real-life Ghibli movie, it’s well produced and will put you in a sedate and relaxed mood.
9. My laid back self-isolation mix part 2
A mix that’s like a warming ginger tea, good for the digestion, good for the heart and soul.