I think there needs to be a change of consciousness with the news … to try to seek a higher ground. Why can’t it be more representative of the way the world really is? I think we don’t know what the bombardment of crime and violence does to our minds, I think we’re in denial about it.
– Oprah Winfrey
This is a review of the Good News Network by the eminent and regal Oprah Winfrey. The Good News Network is a collection of positive news from across the globe. It’s a treasure trove of positive energy and is guaranteed to be salve on your wounds if you slavishly follow the grim news broadcasts from across the world. When you read it, you will feel in your bones and heart that the world is a better place to live in. I think for our sanity, it’s essential to remember that the world and most of the people in it aren’t in fact evil. A recommended book which also thoroughly dissects the deficiency of the mainstream news is the wonderful book by Alain De Botton called simply The News: A User’s Manual.
Ok so back to Oprah for some much needed uplifting images. Here she is gardening. Just look at those vegetables and that face. The world is in fact OK with people like her in it.
Oprah’s Gold Nuggets of Wisdom
- Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.
- Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.
- Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.
- I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.
- What material success does is provide you with the ability to concentrate on other things that really matter. And that is being able to make a difference, not only in your own life, but in other people’s lives.
- If you want to accomplish the goals of your life, you have to begin with the spirit.